RSS

RSS, Short for ‘Really Simple Syndication’. RSS is a technology that is being used by millions of web users around the world to keep track of their favorite websites. Many people describe it as a news feed that you subscribe to. The RSS is the technology that provides you with a method of getting relevant and up to date information sent to you automatically in your email as soon as it was published. So, you can read it in when ever you like without return to the website. The RSS is very useful than the old days system like ‘Bookmarking’. ‘Bookmarking’ system is the manual tracking of the update on a website which is forcing you to return to the website regularly to see what have been added.

Why is RSS better than the ‘bookmarking’?
There is lots of problem or weakness with bookmarking. You as the web surfer had to do all the work for the updates and will be complicated when you are trying to track many websites in one time. You also in the risk of missing the information when you forget to check your bookmarks and also you end up seeing the same information on sites that don’t update very often and will impact to useless of your time.
The RSS like your assistant for collecting the information and let you know every time the update was happened. It’s mean that you never miss the important issue or information from your significant information source.

At the first time I used the RSS, I can feel that the RSS is very useful and saving my time in reading and tracking the update from my favorite websites. I am not the person who is always in internet network covering area; let’s say that I am the adventure person. With the combination between POP3 feature in my email hosting and the RSS, I can read the update from my entire favorite websites in the top of the mountain or in the middle of sea when I am traveling to some area. I just need a few minutes connection to the internet for downloading the receiving email (from feed reader), then I can read it offline.

There are lots of methods to subscribe to, but I will tell you the easiest way like what I have done. Many sites enable you to subscribe to RSS feeds via email which you can see in my sidebar. There is a field where you can enter your email address to get daily email of my latest post. You can unsubscribe at anytime you want. Your email will kept private and will never used for any kind of purpose than to send these daily updates.

Note: For the people who is in the country or area which only have small internet covering area, the combination email agent software (pop3 enable in your email hosting) and the RSS is very useful and effective. It will enable you to read the updates from your information source website at anywhere in your own time.

0 Comment:

iklan atas

Popular Posts